Join Our Team
We are always looking for compassionate people to help in a variety of ways such as:
- Joining our overnight volunteer team and interact with residents in the evening and sleeping in our guest room overnight
- Helping to plan fundraising events
- Mentoring a resident 1 hour per week
- Co-leading a bible study or life skill class
- Helping with administrative tasks in our front office
- Helping with errands and transportation to appointments
- Join our maintenance crew and help with odd jobs as they arise
If you have a desire to support women in crisis and have time and talents to give, please give us a call at 217-378-4045. We would love to meet with you and give you a tour.
Resident Life Assistant - The RLA works under the direction of the Resident Life Coordinator to develop and maintain a safe, healthy and supportive community life at Merci's Refuge. The RLA will build supportive relationships with residents while sharing the overnight and/or weekend coverage responsibilities with other team members. The RLA will also help facilitate evening program activities and hold residents accountable to house rules. This is a full-time position if a live-in staff member. It is part-time if not a live-in staff member.
You can find the full job description here.
Program Coordinator - The PC works with the Clinical Director to design and execute the spiritual formation and counseling programs of Merci's Refuge and assess resident progress. This will include supporting the team of volunteers that lead the majority of the programs, but will also include co-leading 1-2 groups herself. The PC also meets weekly with residents to help them identify and achieve various goals by connecting them to community resources and providing encouragement and accountability. You can find the full job description here.
To apply, send a resume to firstname.lastname@example.org